Bahasa Sasak is the main language in Lombok Island. Even though it is not necessary to understand Sasak language, learning it will help you sometimes, especially when you can’t find anyone able to speak English in some situations. Here is some basic example of conversations that might be useful for you in airport, hotels or restaurant situations. You might also learn how to greet people, asking time and numbers:
- English: Where can I buy a ticket?
Sasak: Lek embe taok te beli tiket?
- English: How much for the ticket?
Sasak: Pire ajin tiket niki?
- English: Hi, where is the check-in counter for this flight?
Sasak: Hai, lek embe taok cek in penerbangan niki?
- English: This is my ticket
Sasak: Niki tiket tiang
- English: This is my travel document
Sasak: Niki dokumen perjalanan tiang
- English: I have to check in now
Sasak: Tiang harus cek in nane
- English: Is there any problem
Sasak: Arak masalah niki?
- English: How long should I wait?
Sasak: Pire sue tiang harus nunggu?
- English: Please be careful with my bag.
Sasak: Ngendeng tuleng hati hati sik tas tiang.
- English: When the plane take off?
Sasak: Piran pesawat niki berangkat?
- English: Am I late?
Sasak: Ape tiang telat?
- English: I need a porter
Sasak: Tiang butuh porter / tukang angkat barang
- English: Where is the canteen?
Sasak: lek embe taok warung?
- English: I need a taxi
Sasak: Tiang butuh taxi
- English: Where can I find a taxi?
Sasak: Lek embe taok te mesen taksi?
- English: I need a room please
Sasak: Tiang butuh kamar
- English: Is there any room available?
Sasak: Ape arak kamar kosong?
- English: I want extra bad
Sasak: Tiang butuh taok tindok
- English: I need extra room
Sasak: Tiang butuh kamar ekstra
- English: I want to talk to hotel manager
Sasak: Tiang mlet ngeraos kance hotel manajer
- English: Are there any cheap rooms available?
Sasak: Ape arak kamar murah?
- English: What facilities do this hotel has?
Sasak: Fasilitas ape doang hotel niki bdue?
- English: Can I get morning tea at 5 o’clock tomorrow morning?
Sasak: Beu ke te meu nge teh lemak?
- English: I loose my key
Sasak: Ilang kunci tiang
- English: How far is Senggigi from here?
Sasak: Pire jaok Senggigi leman niki?
- English: How much the cost for staying a day in this hotel?
Sasak: Pire ongkos sewa kamar lek hotel niki?
- English: Where is the best restaurant here?
Sasak: Lek embe taok warung makan sak meik?
- English: Please wake me up tomorrow morning at 5 o’clock
Sasak: Nengdeng tuleng urasang tiang jam lime klemak.
- English: Waitress, the menu please
Sasak: Pelayan, ngendeng tuleng daftar menu
- English: I like to order some foods
Sasak: Tiang mau pesen makanan
- English: I need a drink
Sasak: Tiang butuh minuman
- English: Mineral water please
Sasak: Ngendeng tuleng aik mineral niki
- English: The taste is very delicious
Sasak: Meik gati makanan niki
- English: I don’t like spicy food
Sasak: Ndek tiang demen makanan lede
- English: The bill please
Sasak: Ngendeng tuleng tagihannya
- English: Hallo, How are you?
Sasak: Hallo, brembe kabar?
- English: Good morning sir, madam
Sasak: Selamat pagi amaq, inak
- English: Good afternoon
Sasak: Selamat siang
- English: Good evening
Sasak: Selamat sore
- English: Good night
Sasak: Selamat malam
- English: I’m fine, thank you
Sasak: Tiang sehat sehat, terima kasih
- English: Thank you
Sasak: Terima kasih
- English: What time is it?
Sasak: Jam pire niki?
- English: It is 5 AM now
Sasak: Jam lime nane
- English: 0 (zero) in Sasak: 0 (kosong, nol)
- English: 1 (one) in Sasak: 1 (sekek)
- English: 2 (two) in Sasak: 2 (due)
- English: 3 (three) in Sasak: 3 (telu)
- English: 4 (four) in Sasak: 4 (empat)
- English: 5 (five) in Sasak: 5 (lime)
- English: 6 (six) in Sasak: 6 (enem)
- English: 7 (seven) in Sasak: 7 (pituk)
- English: 8 (eight) in Sasak: 8 (baluk)
- English: 9 (nine) in Sasak: 9 (siwak)
- English: 10 (ten) in Sasak: 10 (sepulu)
- English: 11 (eleven) in Sasak: 11 (solas)
- English: 12 (twelfth) in Sasak: 12 (due olas)
- English: 13 (thirteen) in Sasak: 13 (telu olas)
- English: 14 (fourteen) in Sasak: 14 (empat olas)
- English: 15 (fifteen) in Sasak: 15 (limolas)
- English: 20 (twenty) in Sasak: 20 (due pulu)
- English: 21 (twenty one) in Sasak: 21 (selikur)
- English: 22 (twenty two) in Sasak: 22 (due likur)
- English: 30 (thirty) in Sasak: 30 (telengdase)
- English: 31 (thirty one) in Sasak: 31 (telengdase sekek)
- English: 100 (one hundred) in Sasak: 100 (satus)
- English: 200 (two hundred) in Sasak: 200 (samas)
- English: 1,000 (one thousand) in Sasak: 1.000 (seyu)
- English: 2,000 (two thousand) in Sasak: 2.000 (due yu)
- English: 10,000 (ten thousand) in Sasak: 10.000 (sepulu yu)
- English: 20,000 (twenty thousand) in Sasak: 20.000 (due pulu yu)
- English: 100,000 (one hundred thousand) in Sasak: 100.000 (satus yu)
- English: 1,000,000 (one million) in Sasak: 1.000.000 (sejute)
- English: 1,000,000,000 (one billion) in Sasak: 1.000.000.000 (semilyar)
- English: 1,000,000,000,000 (one trillion) in Sasak: 1.000.000.000.000 (setrilyun)